Friday 10 August 2012

Olympic Eye Candy

I always forget how much I love the Olympics and yet every 2 years, I'm glued to the TV watching as much of the Olympics I can get my hands on. Suddenly I'm interested in sports I don't even know all the rules to but it doesn't matter. I get swept up in the competition so easily and when the "I Believe" song is playing and they're showing our Canadian Olympians winning medals, I always get teary-eyed. What can I say? I'm full of Canadian pride.

Besides witnessing the incredible talents of the Olympians, it helps that some of them are easy on the eyes too. Here's my Top 5 list of the 2012 London Summer Olympics.


5. Nathan Adrian - USA - Swimming

He's 6'6" and mixed (his mom is from Hong Kong). He's got a really infectious smile and a pretty hot bod. Clearly this boy is my type. Oh yeah, and he's not too shabby at swimming either.


4. John Herdman - Canada - Coach for Women's Soccer
Pictures don't do this man justice. He's got an irresistable English accent and it's obvious how much he loves and supports his players and how much they love him back. A bronze medal has never felt more like gold. After watching the Canadian women play and seeing him coach, I had the urge to watch Bend It Like Beckham. I still love that movie so much.

 

3. Adam van Koeverden - Canada - Kayaking & Mark Oldershaw - Canada - Canoeing
It's a twofer! I love that they're friends, they train together in Oakville, and they both won a medal on the same day. Adam van Koeverden gets hotter with age. And Mark looked so adorable the moment he found out he won bronze; the first in his family of Olympians! I'm thinking I need to spend some time out in Oakville at the Burloak Canoe Club...

 

2. Ryan Lochte - USA - Swimming
I know he's an idiot and I know he's douchey but I cannot resist Ryan Lochte. His dumbness is part of the charm! He's like an adorable, guillable dummy trapped in a crazy muscular body. And I'm so happy that the curly mop is off his head and the beauty of his face can shine through :P


1. Marcel Nguyen - Germany - Artistic Gymnastics
Have you ever seen a prettier face? Seriously. SO pretty! It's the magic of hapas - half Vietnamese, half German. He's also got some magical gel that keeps his hair perfectly coiffed even when he's doing crazy flips. So happy that he won silver on parallel bars and men's all around!


Special Mention: Oscar Pistorius - South Africa - Running
He got edged out of my Top 5 list but this man is such an inspiration qualifying and running in the Olympic Games. I love his name - it sounds like a legendary name for the movies. And what a cutie too :)

2 comments:

  1. Tom Daley... but he's still a little kid aww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UK diver? He's cute but he's so young! Such a baby face.

      Delete