Saturday 22 April 2017

My Makeup Journey

It's crazy when I think back and realize I've only started wearing makeup on a consistent basis about 4 years ago. I never wore any back in high school and university except for special occasions, and even then I had no idea what I was doing. Then I discovered YouTube beauty gurus and everything changed. For the better? Definitely for the worse when it comes to my wallet, haha. There were so many things to try - mascara, eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks, highlighters, bronzers - I wanted it all! There was definitely a learning curve (and some terrible attempts at a winged eyeliner) but I think I've finally figured out my makeup style. Going with full coverage makeup doesn't work for me - I actually prefer how I look when I remove all my makeup on those days. I've managed to come up with a natural everyday makeup look I like using the products below. And I can complete it in less than 10 minutes!


Top Row: 
1. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair
2. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness
3. The Body Shop All-In-One-Face Base in 045

Middle Row:
1. The Body Shop Bronzing Powder in Medium Matte
2. H&M Powder Blusher in Tawny Peach
3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold

Bottom Row:
1. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt
2. Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara 
3. Lancome Juicy Shaker in Vanilla Pop 

If I'm feeling fancy, I'll use eyeshadow and attempt a winged eyeliner but it still needs practice. No amount of YouTube videos I watch can help me nail down that darn wing. 

There are still definitely many days I'm completely bare faced (especially on days I have to work - sleep is more important!) but it's kind of nice having makeup skills now. A bit of concealer and mascara can do wonders in boosting confidence :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment