Saturday 5 May 2012

A Very Girly Shopping Spree

I've always been a pretty low maintenance girl but lately I've been wearing more makeup (I blame YouTube tutorial videos) and I've also been trying to find a "signature scent". Every time I step into a Sephora though, I just can't seem to get myself to shell out so much money for beauty products. And then my friend introduced me to Lisa's Cosmetics/Fragrance Warehouse Sale...


Smashbox Wish List Gift Set
($18.99 | Retail Price: $56)
  • Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
  • O-Gloss Gold Shimmer
  • Photo Finish Foundation Primer (travel size)
  • Fusion Soft Lights Baked Stardust
  • Jet Set Black Waterproof Eyeliner
I've never tried any of these products but I've heard good things about them and I can't believe it was only $19! I checked out Sephora the day before and the lip gloss alone costs $22 and the pinwheel powder is about $30. How could I resist? (Actually, I did. And then I regretted it and went back the next day to get it, haha)


Burberry Brit Sheer, 30ml ($25 | Retail Price: $60)
Here's Burberry's marketing spiel:
"Burberry Brit Sheer is a fresh, fruity floral fragrance that is playful and vibrant, embodying the youthful spirit of Burberry Brit. Young and charismatic, the Burberry Brit girl embodies understated elegance and individuality. With a fresh, natural joie de vivre she has a passion for adventure and romance."
That's some pretty good wordsmithing - I wouldn't mind being this Burberry Brit girl. I'm not sure if I'm in love with the scent yet. It has hints of yuzu, pineapple leaves, lychee, mandarin, grapes, pink peony, peach blossom, white musk and creamy Amyris woods...or so they say anyway. I bought a small bottle so I'll see if it grows on me. My first pick was actually Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh but the smallest size they had was 75ml and I didn't want to pay $59 for a fragrance I wasn't even sure if I would like. $25 on the other hand, I'm cool with. It made it a much easier decision.


H2O+ Oasis Daily Hydration System ($24 | Retail Price: $72)
  • Face Oasis Cleansing Water (60ml)
  • Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment (50ml)
  • Eye Oasis Moisture Replenishing Treatment (7ml)
I've never tried any H2O products but they seem to be pretty well-liked so I decided to give it a shot since I needed a new face cream anyway. I really only wanted the hydrating gel but it only cost $2 more for the other two so why not? I tried out the cleansing water earlier today and I like that it can wash away my makeup and it leaves my face feeling 'so fresh and so clean'.

I bought more than I expected to but it's fun to have some new products to try out, especially when it's such a good deal. I also bought two Sally Hansen Salon nail polishes in Nasturtium and So Much Fawn for $0.99 each. It's probably a good thing this warehouse sale isn't year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment