Tuesday 26 June 2012

"Be A Kid For A Day" Scavenger Hunt

Part of the requirements for the Sport & Event Marketing program I'm in is to plan and execute a charity event. My friends in the program organized a scavenger hunt all across downtown Toronto and it was a great success. I made a group with Vivian and Becky and called ourselves The Thunder Thighs! It was 3 hours of walking and sweating. There were 25 clues scattered from Yorkville to Harbourfront and Spadina to Jarvis. Vivian did a great job at keeping us motivated. I don't know how she had so much pep. Becky was mute, trying to "conserve energy", haha.

Relaxing at Oasis Patio afterwards
We managed to get to all 25 places with 5 minutes to spare. I was so happy to see the Oasis Rooftop Patio! When we got to the finish line, there were a bunch of teams right ahead of us so we figured we were somewhere in the middle of the pack. The runner up and the grand prize winners got some pretty sweet gifts - tickets for a Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC game, Sirius XM radios, and other gift certificates. And then we found out we were actually in third place...and we lost by mere minutes! I knew we should have taken the subway! It seemed silly at the time to spend a token going from Bloor to Dundas but I totally would have done it if I knew how close we were. Oh well. I'm still really proud of us for being one of only 4 teams who completed the entire race. And I won the Davids Tea prize pack in the raffle! It was a fun day, completely exhausting, but a lot of fun.

Now I need to get working on my event: An Olympics Opening Ceremony Celebration in support of KidSport on July 27 - save the date!

No comments:

Post a Comment